I’d like to start off by apologizing to my many followers… I’ve been quite remiss in posting here on a regular basis, but I promise to do better in the future, starting right now!
My last post was about my new coaching classes, so I’ll give a short update on that. It is going very well and has been very challenging and enlightening on many levels. I have much to share about the many trials, tribulations and breakthroughs I’ve experienced along the way, but I’ll leave that for my next entry. Right now, I’d like to focus on something that seems to be on everybody’s minds at this time of year: New Years resolutions.
I’ve spent much time over the last few weeks examining my life and contemplating what changes I need to make that will really make 2013 a smashing success. In the process, I’ve been faced with the troubling reality of my past attempts: regardless of what goals I set, no matter how hard I’ve tried, and in spite of my best intentions, I’ve never been able to adhere to any of my previous lists. I had finally given up and decided to just leave things as they were and continue on as usual. But then, at 3 AM this morning, I was hit by this powerful insight: keep it simple, stupid (otherwise know as KISS)!! As I sat up, wide awake, in my bed, I realized I had to get this brilliant idea down on paper (or, rather, entered into my text editor) to prepare it for world-wide dispersal. Below, you will find the results of my efforts… enjoy, comment and share:
My 2013 resolutions:
1. I will close my eyes and sleep when I’m tired; I will open my eyes and get out of bed when I’m fully rested.
If I’m asleep when most people are awake, I’ll call it meditation; if I’m awake when most people are asleep, I’ll call it inspiration.
2. When my eyes are open, I’ll see only what I want to see; when my eyes are closed, I’ll be sleeping or meditating.
3. I’ll speak only when my mouth is open; I’ll only chew when it isn’t.
I’ll never say or write anything I don’t want to hear. I’ll never chew anything I don’t want to swallow.
4. I’ll eat when I’m hungry; I’ll stop when I’m full. I’ll only eat what is on my plate.
5. I’ll exercise whenever I’m moving; I’ll do yoga the rest of the time.
6. I’ll use my ears to listen, my nose to smell and my tongue to taste.
7. I’ll inhale when I need air; I’ll exhale soon after that.
8. I’ll use my brain to think and my mind to dream.
9. I’ll be happy when I choose to be; otherwise, I’ll be OK where I am.
10. I’ll use all my other body parts for the function they’re intended, as needed at the appropriate times.
I’ll modify, edit and re-do this list as I find new and better things that I can easily accomplish 100% of the time. Although I’m totally open to suggestions, in the end, I’ll only do what feels best for me. Feel free to apply this list to your life… I guarantee you will be successful and content with the results. Please do not ask me to explain or teach these revolutionary ideas… I’m too busy enjoying my new life to waste my time trying to get people to do what they already do.
So, there you have it… can’t get much simpler (or easier) than that. In conclusion, I’d like to wish each of you the best in the coming year and leave you with another deep, thought-provoking quote: “if you keep heading the direction you’re going, you’ll eventually get there”, or something like that. Anyway, enjoy yourself as best you can… there’s no guarantee you’ll get another chance!
See ya’ on the flip side…..